- Hostel admission shall be granted to only regular rolls of the University. The facility of hostel accommodation to full time postgraduate students may be provided subject to availability.
- Students desiring hostel accommodation shall apply on the prescribed hostel admission form on or before the last date announced for the purpose. Students shall submit duly completed forms, along with five Passport size photographs duly attested by the head of the concerned department, to the office of the Head of their respective department. The forms after necessary scrutiny will then be forwarded to office of the Provost. No application form for hostel admission shall be entertained after the closing date.
- A merit list of the applicants will be prepared by Provost Office after necessary scrutiny of admission forms. The provost office will distribute hostel admission cards among the eligible candidates as per merit list displayed. Each card will bear hostel name and father’s name of the students, the hostel name and room number allotted to the student and a photograph of the student. The students shall submit their cards within 15 days after the allotment to the concerned warden and upon acceptance of which they shall become residents of that hostel and will be under disciplinary supervision of the hostel administration. If a student fails to submit his card to the concerned warden within due time, his hostel card shall stand void.
- Hostel seats will be allocated to each department in proportion to the number of applicants for hostel accommodation from each department. Preference shall be given to those applicants who hail from far-flung areas and do well in terms of merit.
- Accommodation in hostels will not be granted to local resident students, such case if found by the authorities, the admission of the student will be cancelled at the spot. He/she shall be penalized as deemed fit by the hostel and university administration.
- In case of any misuse of the privilege the hostel authority has the right to refuse/cancel hostel admission of students.
- For request of cancellation of the hostel admission the student can receive the refundable amounts if the request is received within one month of the closing date of allotment of hostel accommodation. No refund will be allowed after that.
- A student whose admission is cancelled by the hostel authorities on disciplinary grounds shall not be entitled to receive his hostel security.
- Students in case of failing to complete their degree within the prescribed time (8 semesters/ 4 years) will not be eligible for hostel admission. The hostel authorities under special circumstances may consider such application for admission provided the applicant maintains regular attendance in classes.
- Students having admission cancelled in the past on disciplinary grounds, resubmission of application for hostel allotment will not be entertained.
- Re-Admission cases may be considered subject to availability of seats in hostels and validity of the reasons for re-admission. Cases of re-admission bear minimum priority to the hostel authorities.
- Hostel Accommodation will be provided on merit at CGPA basis, and not at one’s choice.
- Seats shall be provided by the warden of the respective hostel within three days of the submission of his/her hostel card. However, the handing over may take longer depending upon the time required to complete the process of shifting by ex-room holders.
- The eligible students of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th years will be accommodated in the hostel rooms.
- No boarder is allowed to interchange his/her seat or accommodation without special permission from the warden concerned. Violation of this rule will leads to a strict disciplinary action against the violator.
- In case the student wants to cancel his/her admission in the hostel, a cancellation application against the room allotted shall be submitted by the applicant within 15 days.