Dr. Sadiaq UllahAssociate Professor / Chairman
Phone : +92937923045, +923454837093
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Address : Department of Telecommunication Engineering, UET Mardan Charsadda Road, Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, PK, 23200.
- Sept. 2011-Present: Assistant Professor (Tenured), Telecom. Engg. Deptt., UET Mardan
- ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Teaching & Research Supervision at UG and PG Levels @ Telecom. Engg. Department
- Introducing and streamlining the postgraduate (M.Sc. and PhD) program.
- Accreditation for the B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering from PEC.
- Curriculum design and revision of the Telecommunication Engineering Department
- Preparation, review and Compilation of Self-Assessment Report (SAR) of Telecommunication Engineering Department as per OBE guidelines
- Member, REC & PREC
- Member Board of Studies (BoS)
- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT@ UET
- Chairman @Telecommunication Engineering Deptt., 2016- 2017, Feb. 2019-date
- Advisor Postgraduate studies @ Telecom engineering department (UET): 2013-date
- Director PG Studies @ UET Mardan: May 2018-date
- Convener Preliminary Inquiry Committee @ UET Mardan Campus 2012-2018
- Convenor/Member Admission|Statutes|PG rules Committees @ UET Mardan
- ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Jan. 2011-June 2011: Research Associate, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
In this project I worked on:
- Attenuation effects on the propagation of millimeter waves for military applications
- Short range, high speed wireless connectivity in army combat operations in all weather conditions, using body worn devices
- Modeling of attenuation effects of the atmosphere (oxygen and water molecules, fog, hail, clouds, dew, rain and snow) and environment (vegetation and sand storms) on the propagation of electromagnetic waves in the mm wave band (30-300 GHz)
- 15 Jan. 2002- 18 Sept. 2006: Assistant Manager (Technical/Electronics), NESCOM
As a technical manager I leaded a team of over 20 people in a public sector organization (NESCOM, NDC), Islamabad. In this role, I supervised and worked on R & D projects in the fields of electronics and communication engineering, mainly:
- Calibration and testing of electronic measurement equipment
- Electronic circuitry used in guidance & control sections of aerospace systems
- Design and optimization of analog/digital circuit modules for aerospace applications
- Error detection and correction of multi-layered printed circuit boards (PCBs)
2006-2010: Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, Loughborough University, UK
2003-2005: M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, UET Taxila, Pakistan
1997-2001: B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with distinction, UET Peshawar Pakistan
1995-1996: F.Sc. in Pre-Engineering, Jehanzeb College, Saidu Sharif, Swat
1993-1994: Metric in Science, GHSS, Charbagh, Swat
- Funded Project from DosT (Directorate of Science & Technology), KP: Worth: 0.2 Millions
- Best Paper Award, IETE Journal of Research, Francis & Taylor Publishers, 2018
- Higher Education Commission’s Scholarship for Ph.D. (2006)
- Merit scholarship during B.Sc. Engineering
- Merit certificates of distinction issued by the EED, UET Peshawar
- Senior Member IEEE
- Life Time Member, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Member, All Pakistan Tenure Track Association (APTTA)
- Member, British Alumni Association of Pakistan (BAAP)
|Name||Title of Thesis||Status|
|B. Kamal||Design and SAR analysis of planar wearable antennas using EBG||Completed|
|S. Shoukat||Miniaturization of patch antennas and enhancing bandwidth of miniaturized antenna||Completed|
|M. A. Afridi||Design and Analysis of Patch Antenna Using Novel Metamaterial Surfaces for Wireless Applications||Completed|
|Haroon||Design and specific absorption rate (SAR) analysis of biodegradable wearable antennas||Completed|
|S. Ullah||Design of 60 GHz and 70 GHz Millimeter Wave antennas for future high speed wireless communication system using artificial ground planes||Completed|
|S. Rahim||Design and SAR Analysis of Wearable Antennas Using Metamaterial Surfaces for Wireless and Medical Applications||Completed|
|U. Ali||Design and analysis of 2.4 GHz Wearable Antenna on Metamaterial Surfaces||Completed|
|H. A. Khan||Design of Wearable Patch Antenna with EBG for ISM Band||Completed|
|A. Humayun||Design and Analysis of Embroidered Patch Antennas for Wireless Communication||in progress|
|W. R Khan||Design of compact efficient and high-gain antennas for 5th Generation (5G) handheld Devices||Completed|
|S. M. Umar||Design and Analysis of High-gain, Efficient and Broadband Antennas for 5th Generation (5G) Base Stations||Completed|
|M. F. Khan||Design and Analysis of Reconfigurable Antennas for Future Multi-Mode Smart Phone Applications||Completed|
|R. Ullah||Design of Compact, Efficient and High-gain Planar Antennas for future 5th Generation (5G) wireless Technologies||Completed|
|Abdullah||Metasurfaces and Metamaterials in the Microwave and Higher Frequency Spectrum for Diverse Range of Applications||Completed|
|B. Khan||Design and Characterization of Polarization Sensitive Meta-Surfaces for Microwave, Millimetre Wave Application||Completed|
|R. Ullah||Design of MIMO Antennas for 5G Mobile Communications||in progress|
|Haroon (PhD Student)||Design and analysis of Biodegradable substrate based antennas for on body and in body medical applications||in progress|
|U. Ali (PhD Student)||Design and Analysis of Metamaterial Based Wearable Antennas for Microwave and Millimeter Wave (mmW) Applications||in progress|
- Director Postgraduate Studies, UET Mardan
- Chairman, Telecommunication Engineering Department, UET Mardan
- Advisor Postgraduate Studies, Telecommunication Engineering Department, UET Mardan
- Member Admission Committee, Statutes Committee, Postgraduate Rules Committee, etc.
Metamaterials, Plasomonics, Photonics, Reconfigurable, Biodegradable and wearable antennas, SAR analysis, RFID antennas, 5G antennas, measurement techniques, RF Energy Harvesting, image and video processing, EM wave propagation, high-speed mobile communication systems, Signal processing and network security.
Science Citation Index (SCI)- Impact Factor Journals:
- Khan MI, Khattak MI, Witjaksono G, Barki ZU, Ullah S, Khan I, Lee BM. Experimental Investigation of a Planar Antenna with Band Rejection Features for Ultra-Wide Band (UWB) Wireless Networks. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation. 2019;2019. Impact Factor: 1.347
- Ali, Usman, S Ullah, Muhammad Shafi, Syed AA Shah, Izaz A. Shah, and James A. Flint. "Design and comparative analysis of conventional and metamaterial‐based textile antennas for wearable applications." International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields (2019): e2567., Impact Factor: 0.816
- Shah IA, Hayat S, Basir A, Zada M, Shah SA, Ullah S. Design and analysis of a hexa-band frequency reconfigurable antenna for wireless communication. AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2019 Jan 1;98:80-88, Impact Factor: 1.437.
- Ullah S, Ahmad S, Khan BA, Tahir FA, Flint JA. An hp-shape hexa-band antenna for multi-standard wireless communication systems. Wireless Networks. 2019 Apr 15;25(3):1361-9. Impact Factor:1.981
- Basir, A., A. Bouazizi, M. Zada, A. Iqbal, S. Ullah, and U. Naeem. "A dual‐band implantable antenna with wide‐band characteristics at MICS and ISM bands." Microwave and Optical Technology Letters 60, no. 12 (2018): 2944-2949., Impact Factor: 0.948.
- Laghari, Asadullah, Zulfiqar Ali Memon, Sadiq Ullah, and Intesab Hussain. "Cyber Physical System for Stroke Detection." IEEE Access 6 (2018): 37444-37453, Impact Factor: 3.557.
- Ullah, Sadiq, Shaheen Ahmad, Burhan A. Khan, and James A. Flint. "A multi-band switchable antenna for Wi-Fi, 3G Advanced, WiMAX, and WLAN wireless applications." International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies 10, no. 8 (2018): 991-997, Impact Factor: 0.745
- U. Ali, S. Ullah, J. Khan, M. Shafi, B. Kamal, A. Basir, J. A Flint and R. D. Seager, “Design and SAR Analysis of Wearable Antenna under Normal and Bent Conditions, Using Conventional and EBG Ground Planes”, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology (JEET), Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 317-328, January 2017. Impact Factor: 0.88.
- S. A. A. Shah, M. F. Khan, S. Ullah, A. Basir, U. Ali, and U. Naeem. "Design and Measurement of Planar Monopole Antennas for Multi-Band Wireless Applications." IETE Journal of Research, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 194-204, 2017. Impact Factor: 0.909.
- A. Iqbal, S. Ullah, U. Naeem, A. Basir and U. Ali. "Design, Fabrication and Measurement of a Compact, Frequency Reconfigurable, Modified T-shape Planar Antenna for Portable Applications." Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1611-1618, 2017, Impact Factor: 0.88.
- S. Ullah, F. Faisal, A. Ahmad, U. Ali, F. A. Tahir & J. A. Flint, “Design and analysis of a novel tri-band flower-shaped planar antenna for GPS and WiMAX applications”, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 31, no. 09, pp. 927–940, 2017, Impact Factor: 0.864.
- S. Ullah, S. Ahmad, B. A. Khan, U. Ali, F. A. Tahir, and S. Bashir. "Design and Analysis of a Hexa-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Monopole Antenna." IETE Journal of Research, pp. 1-8, 2017, Impact Factor: 0.909.
- F. A. Tahir, T. Arshad, S. Ullah, and J. A. Flint. "A novel FSS for gain enhancement of printed antennas in UWB frequency spectrum." Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 2698-2704, 2017. Impact Factor: 0.948.
- S. Ullah, S. Hayat, A. Umar, U. Ali, F. A. Tahir, and J. A. Flint., “Design, Fabrication and Measurement of Triple Band Frequency Reconfigurable Antennas for Portable Wireless Communications”, International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 81, pp. 236-242, 2017, Impact Factor: 1.437.
- A. Afridi, S. Ullah,I. Ali, S. Khan, J. A. Flint, “Design and Parametric Analysis of a Dual-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Planar Dipole Using a Dual-Band Artificial Ground Plane”, IETE Journal of Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 3-11, 18 June 2014. Impact Factor: 0.909.
- A. Afridi, S. Ullah, S. Khan, A. Ahmed, A. H. Khalil, “Design of Dual Band Wearable Antenna using Metamaterials”, Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy (JMPEE), vol. 47, no. 02, pp. 126-137, 2013. Impact Factor: 0.575.
- S. Khan, S. Ullah, A. Ahmed, S. A. Mahmud, “A Survey of Rate-Adaptation Schemes for IEEE 802.11 Compliant WLANs”, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS), Vol. 07, No.3, pp. 425-445, 2013. Impact Factor: 0.611.
- S. Ullah, J. A. Flint and R. D. Seager, “Polarisation-dependent electromagnetic bandgap incorporating a slanted sheet via”, IET Microw. Antennas Propag., vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 519- 527, 2011. Impact Factor: 1.739.
HEC Recognized Journals:
- U. Ali, S. Ullah, Haroon, “Design and Analysis of 2.4 GHz antenna using Metamaterial ground planes for body worn wireless applications”, Bahria University Journal of Information & Communication Technologies, vol.9, no.1, pp. 43-48, June 2016 [Cat: Y]
- Bashir, S., Khan, M.S., Jan, K.U. and Ullah, S. Performance Enhancement of Wearable Antenna Using High Impedance Surfaces. International Journal of Communication Networks and Information Security, Vol. 9, no. 1, p.30-39, April 2017 [Cat: X]
- M. F. Khan , S. A. A. Shah , S. Ullah, “Dual-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Microstrip Patch Antenna on Wearable Substrate for Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX Applications”, Technical Journal, UET Taxila, Vol. 22, no. 02, pp. 35-40, 2017 [Cat: Y]
- W. U.R. Khan, S. Ullah, S. M. Umar, S. Bashir, and F. Ahmad, “Effect of Electromagnetic Bandgap Structures on Performance of Planar Textile Antenna, Proceedings of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences: Pakistan Academy of Sciences A. Physical and Computational Sciences 55 (1): 1–10 (2018) [Cat: Y]
- M.F. Khan, S. Ullah, et al. A Tunable Microstrip Planar Antenna using Truncated Ground Plane for WiFi/LTE2500/WiMAX/5G/C, Ku, K-Band Wireless Applications. International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJEEAS). 2019 Apr 30;2(1):77-84.
- Ullah, S, S. Ullah, and S. Khan. "Design and analysis of a 60 GHz millimeter wave antenna." Jurnal Teknologi 78, no. 4-3, pp. 63-68, 2016.
- Kamal, B, S. Ullah, and S. Khan. "A novel experimental procedure for digitizing flexible wearable antennas for body area networks (BANS)." Jurnal Teknologi, Vol. 78, no. 4-3, pp. 59-62, 2016.
- Afridi, M. A., and S. Ullah. "Design and analysis of meta-material based WLAN antenna." Jurnal Teknologi, Vol. 78, no. 4-3, pp. 41-45, 2016.
- H. Khan, A. Nasir, U. B. Mumtaz, S. Ullah, Syed Ahson Ali Shah, Muhammad Fawad Khan, Usman Ali, “Design and Analysis of a Wearable Monopole Antenna on Jeans Substrate for RFID Applications”, International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT),Vol. 5, no.6, pp. 25-35, June, 2016.
- I. A. Shah, S. Hayat, I. Khan, I. Alam, S. Ullah, A. Afridi, “A Compact, Tri-Band and 9-Shape Reconfigurable Antenna for WiFi, WiMAX and WLAN Applications”, International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies (IJWMT), vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 45-53, May, 2016.
- Khan B, Ullah S, Kamal B. An Extended Split Ring Resonator Type Metasurface for Microwave Applications. In2019 16th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST) 2019 Jan 8 (pp. 1046-1049). IEEE.
- Umar SM, Ullah S, Ahmad F. Gain Enhancement Technique in Vivaldi Antenna For 5G Communication. In2019 2nd International Conference on Computing, Mathematics and Engineering Technologies (iCoMET) 2019 Jan 30 (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Abdullah, Khan B, Ullah S, Kamal B. Design and Analysis of a Wide Band Cross-Polarization Converting Metasurface. In2019 International Conference on Communication Technologies (ComTech) 2019 Mar 20 (pp. 9-12). IEEE.
- S. M. Umar, F. Ahmad, W R. Khan, S. Ullah, U. Ali, “Specific Absorption Rate Analysis of a WLAN Antenna Using Mushroom-Type Electromagnetic Bandgap (EBG) Structure”, International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST-2016), 12-16 January 2016.
- S. Ullah, “Design of Electromagnetic Bandgap (EBG) Structures for Polarization Sensitive Wireless Communications”, International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST-2016), 12-16 January 2016.
- B. Farooq, T. Parveen, S. Ullah, I. Ali,“Antenna Design for Advance Wireless Systems using Metamaterial Surfaces”, International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST-2016), 12-16 January 2016.
- S. Hayat, I. A. Shah, I. Khan, I. Alam, S. Ullah, “Design of Tetra-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Antenna for Portable Wireless Applications”, 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Systems Engineering (ICISE 2016), 16-17 January 2016.
- W R. Khan, S. M. Umar, F. Ahmad, S. Ullah, “Specific Absorption Rate Analysis of a WLAN Antenna Using Slotted I-Type Electromagentic Bandgap (EBG) Structure”, 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Systems Engineering (ICISE 2016), 16-17 Jan. 2016.
- H. A. Khan, M. A. Afridi, S. Ullah,“Patch Antenna using EBG Structure for ISM Band Wearable Applications”, 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Systems Engineering (ICISE 2016), 16-17 January 2016.
- A. Ahmed, M. Muaz, M. Ali, M. Yasir, S. Ullah, S. Khan, "Mahalanobis Distance and Maximum Likelihood Based Classification for Identifying Tobacco in Pakistan", IEEE 7th International Conference on Recent Advances in Space Technologies, 16-19 June, 2015. Istanbul.
- A. Ahmed, M. Muaz, M. Ali, M. Yasir, N. Minallah, S. Ullah, S. Khan, "Comparing Pixel-based Classifiers for Detecting Tobacco Crops in North-West Pakistan", IEEE 7th Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in Space Technologies (IEEE RAST), 16-19 June, 2015. Istanbul.
- A. Nawaz, Z. Iqbal, S. Ullah, “Performance analsysis of supervised image classification techniques for classification of multispectral satellite imagery”, 4th International conference on Aerospace Science & Engineering (ICASE), pp. 1-5, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- A. Ahmad, F. Faisal, S. Ullah, U. Ali, “Performance Analysis of a Wearable and Dual Band Planer Antenna using a Mushroom-like Electromagnetic Bandgap (EBG) Ground Plane”, 9th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2015), Lahore, pp. 24-29, 17-19 December, 2015.
- M.Khan, M Y. Khan, S. Ullah, F. Faisal, “Design and Analysis of a Tri-Band Patch Antenna for UMTS, WIMAX and WLAN Applications”, 9th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2015), Lahore, pp. 91-95, 17-19 Dec., 2015.
- Faisal F, Ahmad A, Ali U, Ullah S, Ullah K. Performance analysis of a 2.4 GHz planar antenna using different types of wearable artificial ground planes. InHigh-Capacity Optical Networks and Enabling/Emerging Technologies (HONET), 2015 12th International Conference on 2015 Dec 21 (pp. 1-5). IEEE..
- M. Y. Khan, S. Ali, I. Khan, S. Ullah, A. Nasir, “Dual-band Sword Shaped Frequency Reconfigurable Monopole Antenna for Wireless Applications”, 12th International IEEE Conference on HONET – ICT, 21-23 December 2015.
- Haroon, S. Ullah, J. A. Flint, “Electro-Textile Based Wearable Patch Antenna on Biodegradable Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) Plastic Substrate for 2.45 GHz, ISM Band Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET 2014), Islamabad, pp. 158-163, 8-9 December 2014.
- S.A.A. Shah, M.F. Khan, S. Ullah, J.A. Flint, “Design of a Multi-Band Frequency Reconfigurable Planar Monopole Antenna Using Truncated Ground Plane for Wi-Fi, WLAN and WiMAX Applications”, 8th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2014), Lahore, pp. 151-155, 18-20 December, 2014.
- A. Basir, S. Ullah, M. Zada, S. Faisal, “Design of Efficient and Flexible Patch Antenna using an Electromagnetic Band gap (EBG) Ground Plane”, 8th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2014), Lahore, pp. 1-5, 18-20 Dec., 2014.
- U. Ali, S. Ullah, S. Khan, J. A. Flint, “Comparative study of Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna on various types of Metamaterials Surfaces”, 8th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2014), Lahore, pp. 186-191, 18-20 December, 2014.
- A. U. Rahim, S. Ullah, M. Ilyas, M. Shoaib, S. Khan, I. Khan, “Design and Analysis of Compact and Multi-Band Circular Antennas”, 8th IEEE International Conference on Open Source Systems and Technologies (ICOSST 2014), Lahore, pp. 52-55, 18-20 December, 2014.
- S. Khan, B. Aziz, S. Najib, A. Ahmed, M. Usman, S. Ullah, “Reliability of Network Simulators and Simulation Based Research”, IEEE International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC-13), 8-11 September, 2013, London, UK.
- S. Ullah, J. A. Flint and R. D. Seager, “A Comparative Study of Reflection Characteristics of Artificial Ground Planes Incorporating a Slanted Sheet Vias or Slots”, Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), pp. 1975-1978, Italy, 11-15 April, 2011.
- J. A. Flint, S. Ullah, R. D. Seager and S. C. Pomeroy, “Low Resolution Radiation Pattern Sampling for a Thin Dipole”, LAPC-2010, pp. 601-04, 8-9 Nov., 2010, Loughborough, UK.
- S. Ullah, J. A. Flint and R. D. Seager, “Polarisation dependent EBG surface with an inclined sheet via”, LAPC-2009, Loughborough, UK, pp.637-640, 16-17 November, 2009.
- S. Ullah, J. A. Flint and R. D. Seager, “Patch antenna directivity analysis using an equi-area method”, LAPC-2008, pp. 349-352, 17-18 March 2008.
- S. Ullah, J. A. Flint and R. D. Seager, “Equi-Spaced-Points-Method (ESPM) for Antenna Radiation Pattern (ARP) Measurements with 3D- Rotation”, EuCAP-2007, pp. 1-6, 11-16 November 2007.
- S. Ullah and G. Raja, “VLSI Architecture & Implementation of H.264 Integer Transform”, 17th International Conference on Microelectronics, ICM-05, Islamabad, pp. 218-223, 13-15 December, 2005.
- S. Ullah and G. Raja, “Integer cosine transform & its application in Image/Video Compression”, ICSEA-2004, Islamabad, pp. 189-193, 30-31 December, 2004.
May, 2019 ‘Design, miniaturization and performance enhancement of multiband antenna using planar metamaterial structures for modern wireless communications’, Directorate of Science & Technology (DosT), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Rs. 0.2 Million (Funded and in progress)
- Joint R&D Project on ‘Development & Industrialization of real-time meteorological self-tracking radar’ with Xidian University, China: 6.5 Million RMB (Under Review)
- Initiated and signed the first MoU of UET Mardan with NWPU, China
- Managed Student Placement & MSc/PhD Scholarships at Foreign Universities
- Joint Research with Loughborough University, UK
- Invited Talk @ Northwestern Polytechnic University (NWPU), China
- Invited Talk @ Xidian University, China
- Research papers at IEEE sponsored conferences in UK and Pakistan.
- Research posters at various exhibitions at Loughborough University, U.K.
Demonstrated Antenna & Microwave Simulation and Design tools to UG and PG students