Quality Enhancement Cell
The Quality Enhancement Cell follows guidelines by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)-Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The QEC undertakes measures for academic quality assessment and enhancement, to assist in implementing the Internal Quality Assurance (IQA).
Message from the Director
I am honoured to have been given the task of looking after the Quality Enhancement Cell, which probably is the most vital with regards to performance evaluation and quality assurance at higher educational institutes in Pakistan.
We intend to follow the guidelines by HEC to deliver the desired output
Responsibilities of QEC
In accordance with the HEC guidelines, the QEC is responsible for:
- Promoting public confidence in quality and standards of the degrees awarded by the university
- Reviewing quality of standards, teaching and learning in each subject area
- Reviewing academic affiliations with other institutions
- Defining explicit standards to act as reference for performance reviews (including developing Program Learning Outcomes, Program Education Objectives)
- Developing quality assurance and evaluation methods to maintain standards and foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities
- Ensuring that the university’s quality assurance procedures align with national quality standards
- Developing the procedures for
- Approval of new program
- Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master?s, M.Phil and PhD degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
- Implementing any other measures deemed necessary by the HEC and/or university in enhancing quality
Assessment of QEC
The QEC is assessed for its performance in the following areas:
- Satisfactory Progress against Institutional Performance Evaluation
- Satisfactory Progress against Program Self-Assessment
- D. Program Review and MS/M. Phil & Equivalent Program Review
- Functioning of QEC Secretariat
- Adaption & Implementation of HEC(QA) Polices and criteria’s
Current Structure of QEC at UET Mardan
Initially, the QEC has been established at UET Mardan with the structure of Additional Director (QEC), QEC Program Team Members and Additional Office Assistant (QEC), as shown below:
SED-Software Engineering Department
EED-Electrical Engineering Department
TED-Telecommunication Engineering Department
Proposed Structure of QEC at UET Mardan
The proposed structure of QEC involves expanding the current structure. It comprises of:
- Additional Director QEC
- Deputy Director QEC
- Additional Assistant Director QEC x 2
- QEC Program Team Members (2 from every department)
- Data Analyst QEC
- Office Assistant QEC x 2
- Naib Qasid
(The proposed job descriptions will be added to the website soon).
Address: Quality Enhancement Cell, University of Engineering and Technology Mardan, Charsadda Road, Mardan, KPK, Pakistan.