- General Policy for Admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- Open Merit Seats
- They must have Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Settled areas) domicile.
- They must have appeared in the Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) Peshawar for the given Academic Session. The Entrance test is valid for one academic year only.
- They must possess any one of the following qualifications:
- Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) certificate with the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks.
- Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) certificate with the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering and Computer Software Engineering only.
- A certificate equivalent to the Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) examination with at least 60% unadjusted marks. Such candidates shall have to produce “Equivalence and Conversion of Marks Certificate” issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Education, Islamabad, along with the application form. Pakistani Nationals are further required to have qualified the subjects of Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and Urdu at either SSC or Intermediate levels.
- The candidates other than Afghan nationals who have passed Baccalaureate Grade- 12 Examination Certificate from Afghanistan are ineligible to apply for admission on OPEN MERIT or any other RESERVED QUOTAS.
- Quota Seats
Admission to B.Sc. Engineering is on the basis of merit and shall be open to the following categories of candidates:
Candidates applying for admission on open merit seats must meet the following conditions:
Candidates applying against reserved quotas must fulfill the requirement of qualification mentioned above and also meet the following conditions:
- They must have domicile of the relevant area and meet the additional conditions of the relevant quotas, stated in section 4, below:
- B-Tech degree or 3 years Post-Matric Diploma of Associate Engineer, with at least 60% unadjusted marks. Such candidates are eligible for admission against the reserved seats of Diploma Holders in their specific field only.
- Candidates with domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA must have appeared in the Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Educational Testing &Evaluation Agency (ETEA) Peshawar for the given Academic Session. The Entrance Test is valid for one academic year only.
- Candidates studying abroad and candidates with domicile of other provinces, seeking admission on reserved seats in this University must have passed Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) with a minimum score of 800 or appeared in the entrance test from any other Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) accredited public sector engineering university of the respective province. The test shall be valid for two academic years.
- Candidates belonging to AJK & Northern Areas and seeking admission against the reserved seats in this University may appear in the entrance test conducted by ETEA or any other public sector, PEC accredited engineering university in Pakistan.
- Applications of candidates whose results are not declared till the last date of submission of application form for admission shall not be considered.
The admission criteria of UET Peshawar will be followed by UET Mardan. The criteria is given below.
- Admission to B.Sc. engineering shall be open to candidates who have passed Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) examination with the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (B.I.S.E.) in Pakistan or any other equivalent examination, and have obtained at least 60% unadjusted marks and qualified the entrance test for the given session. Entrance test shall be valid only for one academic year. The entrance test for nominations against reserved seats on reciprocal basis i.e. Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Northern Areas, Balochistan, Punjab and Sindh Provinces shall be valid for two academic years.
- (a) Candidates applying for open merit seats must have Khyber Pakhtunkhwa domicile. (b) Admission to Computer Software Engineering and Computer Science shall also be open to those candidates who have passed Intermediate examination with Computer Science as a subject instead of Chemistry.
- Candidates belonging to settled areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and possessing B -Tech (Pass) degree or 3 years Post Metric Diploma of Associate Engineer and obtained at least 60% unadjusted marks in the corresponding examinations are also eligible to apply for admission to B.Sc. engineering in the relevant discipline against the seats reserved for open merit. They are also eligible to apply against reciprocal seats. However, candidates will also have to qualify the entrance test.
- Candidates who have certificates other than Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) shall have to produce equivalence and conversion of marks certificates issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Education, Islamabad along with the application form.
- Pakistan Nationals are required to qualify the subject of Islamiat, Pakistan Studies and Urdu at SSG or HSSC level, otherwise they shall not be eligible for admission.
- Applications of candidates, whose examination results are not declared till the last date of submission of admission forms, shall not be considered for admission.
- Determination of merit will be as follows:
- 10% weightage to SSC Examination % marks in SSC x 1
- 40% weightage to HSSC Examination % marks in HSSCx4
- 50% weightage to entrance test % marks in entrance testx5
- There shall be no pass marks in the Entrance Test
Merit of candidates will be determined according to the following criteria:
Admission to non-engineering program shall be advertised along with other undergraduate programs. Applications for admission should be submitted to the Directorate of Admissions, at UET Mardan on or before the last date announced for the purpose. Currently, the University offers the following discipline under non-engineering program:
- Four-Years Program of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science……………. 50 Seats
- Candidates must have the domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or FATA.
- Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) or equivalent examination and have obtained at least 60% unadjusted marks with any of the following combinations are eligible to apply for admission to non-engineering programs: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
- Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- 10% weightage toSSC Examination
- (b) 40% weightage to Intermediate or equivalent examination (adjusted marks)
- 50% weightage to entrance test
- Percent marks in SSC x 1
- Percent marks in Intermediate x 4
- Percent marks in Entrance Test x 5