Allocation of Seats
|S.No||Details||Computer Software Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Telecommunication Engineering||Computer Science||Floating||Total|
|1||Open Merit (Settled Areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)||05||10||05||05||25|
|5||Azad Jummu & Kashmir||1||0||1||0||2|
|7||Sons/Daughters of UET Mardan Employees||04|
* For BS(Computer Science), FATA candidates are also eligible to apply.
Open Merit Seats
Candidates applying for admission on open merit seats must meet the following criteria:
- They must have Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Settled areas before FATA merger) domicile.
- They must have appeared in the Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) Peshawar for the Academic Session 2019-20. The Entrance test is valid for one academic year only.
- They must possess any one of the following qualifications:
- Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) with the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks.
- Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) with the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science from a recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 60% unadjusted marks. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Computer Software Engineering only.
- A certificate equivalent to the Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) examination with at least 60% unadjusted marks. Such candidates shall have to produce “Equivalence and Conversion of Marks Certificate” issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Education, Islamabad, along with the application form. Pakistani Nationals are further required to have qualified the subjects of Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies and Urdu at either SSC or Intermediate levels.
- The candidates other than Afghan nationals who have passed Baccalaureate Grade- 12 Examination Certificate from Afghanistan are ineligible to apply for admission on OPEN MERIT or any other RESERVED QUOTAS.
Candidates applying against reserved quotas must fulfill the requirement of qualification mentioned in 2.1(c) above and also meet the following criteria:
- They must have domicile of the relevant area and meet the additional conditions of the relevant reserved seats, stated in section 4
- Candidates with domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Erstwhile FATA must have appeared in the Entrance Test conducted by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Educational Testing & Evaluation Agency (ETEA) Peshawar for the Academic Session 2019-20. The Entrance Test is valid for one academic year only.
- Candidates studying abroad and candidates with domicile of other provinces, seeking admission on reserved seats in this University must have passed Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) with a minimum score of 50% or appeared in the entrance test from any other Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) accredited public sector engineering university of the respective province. The SAT-II test shall be valid for two academic years.
- Candidates belonging to AJK and seeking admission against the reserved seats in this University may appear in the entrance test conducted by ETEA or any other public sector, PEC accredited engineering university in Pakistan.
- Applications of candidates whose results are not declared till the last date of submission of application form for admission shall not be considered.
Note: Diploma Holder Graduates are also eligible for admission against reserved quotas.
Erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)
Focal point for dealing the applications of Erstwhile FATA applicants is Directorate of Admissions, UET Peshawar. Ministry of States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON), Government of Pakistan/FATA Secretariat/Home and TAs department, shall make nominations of candidates. Seat percentages will be followed as per criteria of SAFRON/ /FATA Secretariat/Home and TAs department.
Erstwhile FATA candidates shall be required to furnish an undertaking on stamp-paper worth Rs.100/— as per proforma available in the application form.
Azad Jammu & Kashmir
Nomination of candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria shall be made by the Nomination Board, Government of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad.
Nominations against the two (2) seats of candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria shall be made by the Director of Colleges, Higher & Technical Education, Govt. of Balochistan, Quetta.
Sons/Daughters of Employees of UET Mardan
The admission of sons/daughters of employees of UET Mardan who fulfill eligibility criteria shall be made strictly on merit.
1. Sons/daughters of the following categories of employees are eligible to apply:
- Permanent employees of UET Mardan who are confirmed in their service, on the last date of submission of application forms.
- Adopted children/ dependents are ineligible for admission against these seats.
- Retired employees who have served the University for at least 10 years.
- Deceased employees who died while in service of the University, provided they were confirmed in their appointment at the time of death.
- Employees serving on contract basis with at least five years cumulative service in this University.
2. The Sons/Daughters of following employees are ineligible.
- Those who have been dismissed, removed or terminated from service.
- Serving on deputation basis at UET Mardan.
3. The wards of UET Mardan regular employees are exempted from Registration fee for Summer Semester/Winter Semester in the deficient Course(s).